The Democratic Alliance welcomes the announcement of the City of Ekurhuleni’s mayoral committee.
The multi-party committee follows weeks of negotiations between political parties to bring a stable government to the City of Ekurhuleni.
Mayor Tania Campbell announced the following dynamic group of councillors to her mayoral committee:
- MMC for Finance, Information Communication Technology and Economic Development – Graham Gersbach (Democratic Alliance)
- MMC for Health and Social Development – Announcement pending (Action SA)
- MMC for Transport Planning – Alco Ngobese (Inkatha Freedom Party)
- MMC for Water, Sanitation and Energy – Senzi Sibeko (Democratic Alliance)
- MMC for Infrastructure Services – Themba Kalipa (Congress of the People)
- MMC for Corporate and Shared Services – Ruhan Robinson (Democratic Alliance)
- MMC for Human Settlements – Mabekenyane Thamahane (Democratic Alliance)
- MMC for City Planning – Heather Hart (Democratic Alliance)
- MMC for Environment and Waste Management – Andre du Plessis (Democratic Alliance)
- MMC for Community Safety – Announcement pending (Action SA)
As Mayor Campbell said in her inaugural speech – no more empty promises, it is time to get things done in Ekurhuleni.
We trust that her team will work hard to restore and fast track service delivery, remove the rot that hinders the progress and delivery of housing projects and infrastructure development.
The DA is delighted that the people of Ekurhuleni will experience what a capable coalition government can do, focussed on clean governance and excellent service delivery.
The DA wishes Mayor Campbell and her team all the best, and although success will not be achieved overnight, we believe that they are more than capable to deal with the task ahead and will get things done.