Please find an attached soundbite by Natasha Mazzone MP.
The election today of new Chairpersons for the Portfolio Committees on the Environment, Home Affairs, International Relations and Cooperation, Human Settlements, Higher Education and Health has again highlighted the ANC’s attempts to disarm Parliament.
The DA is not surprised that the newly elected Chairpersons are a mixture between RET foot soldiers and disgraced former Premiers and Ministers:
- Faith Muthambi: Environmental Affairs
- Mosa Chabane: Home Affairs
- Supra Mahumapelo: International Relations and Cooperation
- Rosina Semenya: Human Settlements
- Nompendulo Mkhatshwa: Higher Education
- Dr Kenny Jacobs: Health
As with the election of Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula as Speaker of the National Assembly, the ANC has chosen to prop up individuals such as Muthambi and Mahumapelo who are recycled and highly controversial figures who represent everything Parliament is supposed to oppose.